How do I optimize images for WordPress?
- Compress your WordPress images. Use an image editing program or an online tool like TinyPNG to quickly reduce image file sizes without compromising on quality.
- Resize image files. Change the default image resize settings on WordPress.
- Serve images through a CDN.
- Clean up your WordPress media library.
What is the best image optimizer?
- JPEG Optimizer. JPEG Optimizer is one of the first solutions to check out if all you need is to compress JPEG images.
- Kraken. Kraken gives you a choice of compression modes:
- Tiny PNG.
How do I optimize images for WordPress for free?
- EWWW Image Optimizer.
- ShortPixel Image Optimizer.
- Media Edits.
- Media Settings.
- Smush Image Compression and Optimization.
- Compress JPEG & PNG Images by TinyPNG.
- Imagify Image Optimizer.
Which is better Smush or imagify? Despite using lossy compression, Imagify only shrank the image by ~47%. Smush finished in last place, but that’s because it uses lossless compression by default in its free version. That makes it very difficult to recommend Smush unless you pay for it, since the free compression doesn’t compete.