How much do freelance WordPress developers make? According to Upwork, the average U.S. freelance WordPress developer charges an hourly rate of $70, with rates ranging between $30 to $175/hour. When you include freelancers from other countries, the average goes down to $15-28/hour.
Is WordPress good for freelancing? Is WordPress good for freelancing? Yes, absolutely! Being the most popular content management system, WordPress is one of the easiest platforms to get started with website creation. Even an absolute beginner can learn WordPress and build websites in no time.
Where do I find WordPress experts?
- Codeable. Codeable is the #1 outsourcing platform for WordPress related work.
- Toptal. Toptal is an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts in the world.
- WordPress Jobs.
How do I become a freelance WordPress developer?
- Master the fundamentals of coding.
- Read up on WordPress specifically.
- Choose a focus area.
- Create a development environment for testing.
- Become an active member of the WordPress community.
- Build a portfolio.
- Create your technical resume.
- Consider your ideal work environment.